Maine Trail Running Festival
October 10, 2016
Benefits the Freeport Running Boosters
This is the first year of an annual festival to promote and celebrate trail running and cross-country across Maine. There will be events for all ages.
Each event is designed for specific age groups. Each race will be for individuals as well as teams. Running groups can have multiple teams with different team names. Teams can have from 5 to 7 runners with the top 5 scoring. If you would like to add an event or have questions, please contact Brian at Run In A Race.
Types and Times of Races
The 5K race can have a team of 4 - 7.
The ½ mile, ¾ mile, 1 mile and 2 mile races can have a team of 4 - 7 runners.
- Open 5K for ages 19 - 99 at 9:00 a.m. (mix gender runners)
- Boys 5K for ages 15 - 18 at 10:00 a.m.
- Girls 5K for ages 15 - 18 at 10:45 a.m.
- Boys 2 mile ages 13 - 14 at 12:00 p.m.
- Girls 2 mile ages 13 - 14 at 12:30 a.m.
- Boys 1 mile ages 11 - 12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Girls 1 mile ages 11 - 12 at 1:30 a.m.
- Boys ¾ mile ages 9 - 10 at 2:00 p.m.
- Girls ¾ mile ages 9 - 10 at 2:30 a.m.
- Boys ½ mile ages 5 - 8 at 3:00 p.m.
- Girls ½ mile ages 5 - 8 at 3:30 a.m.
At 11:30 a.m. prizes will be awarded to the 5K winners
At 4:00 p.m. prizes will be awarded to the winners in all other races.
The top 10 runners in each event will earn medals. The top scoring team in each event will earn a trophy/plaque.
- 5K Individual - $15.00. There will be a $2.50 processing fee per runner added at check out.
- 5K Team - $75.00 plus $5.00 processing fee added to the price for a total of $55.00 per team.
- 2 mile, 1 mile, ¾ mile and ½ mile Individual - $10.00. There will be a $2.50 processing fee per runner added at check out.
- 2 mile, 1 mile, ¾ mile and ½ mile Team - $50.00. There will be a $5.00 processing fee added to the price for a total of $55.00 per team.
- Race Day registration is for 5K Open only from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. - $20.00 per runner
If race is canceled due to extreme weather conditions, there will be no make-up date and no refunds.
About Freeport Running Boosters
In 2008 Coaches Brian Berkemeyer and Josh Zolla began the task of building a home cross-country course. Before then home meets were held at Pineland Trails. The 20 minute bus ride meant that Freeport had no advantage on their home course.
All of the labor and materials for the trail were donated by local runners and businesses. The construction includes two bridges - one spanning over 20 feet. Miscellaneous costs were all covered by the Freeport Running Boosters.
Today the trail is a great training facility for the team and a wonderful resource for community members. The proceeds of this race go toward maintenance of the trail.