4th Annual Run In A Race 5K Series
The aim of the Run In A Race Racing Series is to promote running in the Freeport area. Run In A Race was established in 2010. Founder Brian Berkemeyer is a life long runner and coach at Freeport High School. He believes that running is not only beneficial to the individual, but to local communities and charitable organizations as well. This weekly series is a celebration for all individuals who appreciate the joy of running. Please join us for one or all of these runs through the trees and over the bridges at the Freeport XC Trail.
A portion of the proceeds will be used to maintain the FHS cross-country trails. Currently, the trails are maintained by the Freeport Running Boosters and Coach Brian Berkemeyer.
May 16, May 23, May 30, June 6, June 13, June 20 and June 27, 2018
Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. for 7 weeks
Portion of proceeds to benefit the FHS cross-country trails.
- May 16 - Sponsored by Brian's 53rd Birthday with cake for all finishers!
- May 23 - Sponsored by Road ID and providing gift certificate prizes
- May 30 - Sponsored by To Be Determined
- June 6 - Sponsored by Derosier's Pizza providing a $10 gift card to the first 25 finishers
- June 13 - Sponsored by To Be Determined
- June 20 - Sponsored by TD Bank providing a TD Summer Fun Pack for the first 50 finishers
- June 27 - Sponsored by Maine Craft Distilling providing 5 hats and 5 T-shirts to the top male and female finishers over the age of 21.
A variety of prizes listed above for each race plus runners of 4 or more races will be eligible for series prizes. Total scores will be tabulated by taking the average of the best finish places in 4 races. Overall male and female will earn a Run In A Race Running Bag. Winners of the male and female age groups will win a Run In A Race running hat! Winners will be contacted via email.
- 13 and under
- 14 - 16
- 17 - 18
- 19 - 29
- 30 - 39
- 40 - 49
- 50 - 59
- 60 and above
- Registration - $20 plus $2.50 processing fee one time registration to cover the cost of your bib/chip. You will need to wear the same bib for every race. Replacement bibs will be available for $5.
- Race Day Registration 5:00 - 5:45 p.m.
If race is canceled due to extreme weather conditions, there will be no make-up date and no refunds.
About Run In A Race
Run In A Race was established in 2010. The purpose of the company is to offer quality timing at an affordable cost to smaller races throughout the State of Maine. Founder, Brian Berkemeyer, is a life long runner and coach at Freeport High School. He believes that running is not only beneficial to the individual, but to local communities and charitable organizations as well. This weekly series is a celebration for all individuals who appreciate the joy of running. Please join us for 1 or 7 of these runs through the trees and over the bridges at the Freeport XC Trail.